Monday, March 10, 2008

La donna e mobile

What a busy week this turned out to be, and what a grand finish.

Following an overnighter on Wednesday, I had to worked a WHOLE day on Saturday.... it's becoming borderline unacceptable, really... But then, hopefully it's just a phase and it'll get better as it goes forward.

Sunday was a day at Ocean Park. I realized that it had probably been almost 20 years that I hadn't been there! Though things have changed, most things are still there... the rides, the dolphins, seals, sea lions. Didn't get to visit "An An" and "Jie Jie" or "Ying Ying" and "Le Le", next time maybe. Hard to believe too, that some of those rides are still there after 20 years... probably time for a revamp... which is already an on-going work in progress with their proposal of 3 new hotels within the Park.


Site formation and preparation works have started for the Summit Hotel

My favorite ride... the Cable Car

What do you think they're pointing at?

The full weekend wasn't quite done after a full day at Ocean Park... I then headed to TST for Verdi's "Rigoletto." As one of this year's Arts Festival's premier events, it was much looked forward to. But I was just too tired and I was dozing off probably for 70% of the First Act. Good thing... because then I was able to stay up for the remaing 3 Acts, haha.

And of course how could anybody miss one of the most well-known arias for tenors, "La donna e mobile" at the start of the 3rd Act? Just when the intro starts, you'll remember the late Pavarotti's many renditions at his solo concerts, and also one of the most famous performances ever, the "Encore - the Three Tenors" concert in 1994 at Dodger Stadium in LA.

6 comments:

Wordy said...

My friend, I let you do the math: my last visit to OP was 1983.

CH Mak said...

Then it's time you pay another visit la. It's fun with a bunch of friends. ;)

Wordy said...

the prob is my friends are not into OP

CH Mak said...

甘你就應該識番班新既friend囖,哈哈哈。
Next time you join us lor. :)

Wordy said...

maybe :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, we went to Rigoletto on the same night. I was not that impressed at the production, having seen it couple of times before in Vienna and NYC. Then again, it's still a must do for the Arts Festival. At least it gave me a reason to dress up and go to the opera. Did you enjoy it?