Monday, January 22, 2007

Can I improve myself? (posted 1/22/07)

Oh birthday is coming AGAIN. Every year around this time, you couldn't help but look back, and try to count your blessings, see if the year has been fruitful, review your bad decisions, and move on? I think, these years are meant to be our Golden Decade, our "Huang Jin Shi Nian". This is when we make it, or fall by the wayside, and just be an observer. I'd be lying if I said I'm happy just sit and watch, but in certain settings, and timing of things, they become an unintentional outcome that I'd sometimes dread, but still accepting as a reality.
I am surrounded by many friends with successful careers, relationships, and material wealth. Sometimes I am jealous, envy, but I've learnt to appreciate my weakness, and my incapabilities. But acceptance is one thing, not doing anything about it is another. Why should I just sit there and have it all wasted away?
I was chatting with a friend of mine, and while he shared his colorful stories with me, I felt mine were in B&W. Is it too late for me to paint colors to my life? I hope not! Maybe this year will mark the start of my Golden Decade?

No comments: