Friday, January 26, 2007

I love my friends (1/26/07)

Well, they said it was a kick-start of a week-long celebration, so there it was, the first of a string of dinners with various groups of friends. First up, my know-it-all guru pal, Andrew, and my style and my latest relationship confidant, Aaron. And we were joined impromptu by a passerby, Mark, my treasured connection to my University days. They took me to a small neighbourhood restaurant in the Star Street neighbourhood. Food was ok, not memorable, but I always think it's the company that marks great dinners, and I've got to say this was one of the best. We updated on each others news, and shared our views on anything from Ayurveda to lovers' first trip overseas. It was followed by a round of friendly coffee and dessert in a nearby cafe.
I look around my circle of friends, I see success, wealth, glamorous jobs, sophistication, extensive travels, nice apartments, but more importantly, I see genuine interest and care for one another. If some say we are defined by our name-brand clothes, monetary wealth, blown up job titles, places we live in, hotels we stay at, flashy cars, etc. I'd tell them, your closest circle of friends is a better gauge of who you really are.

No comments: