Saturday, December 29, 2007

Regret

It has taken me a long time, but I have finally learned the word "regret" on this trip.

My friend YH said that maybe I just like having drama in my life and having self-pity from time to time. But, whether it's true or not true, I do sincerely feel, that there is much to regret about. I don't know whether making this small trip is the right thing to do, or just a way to feel more sorry about myself. Instead of celebrating a colourful past, I feel sorrow and sadness. Is it the rainy weather? the familiar streets? the people? the season? or everything combined which remind me so much of it.

Life is hard.

3 comments:

Fun said...

你呀.. 放假就放假啦... 唔准諗咁多呀~ 有咩都返黎先算啦~ hugs~

Wordy said...

Life is sometimes hard, but life is also a blessing. Enjoy your stay and blow the sorrow in the air before your fruitful 2008 comes, okay?

CH Mak said...

Fun:
Aiya, on vacation with nothing else to do... then you'd think think ga ma... especially I'm back in SF... easily falling into that sentimental mood.

Wordy:
Thanks. :)) I think, as my friend YH said yesterday, we all "take stock" or review our achievements and disappointments at year's end, and it's hard for me not to take account for those other "mistakes" I made years ago, when I'm back "at the scene," so this trip to SF has been especially emotional. But I'll take your advice, and hopefully look forward to a fruitful 2008. ;)))))))