Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The fun or grief of moving

Is it me? or is it common among people our age? I mean the frequency of moving... Let me count the last 10 years...
Euclid (1997-99)
Happy Valley (1999-2000)
San Luis (2000-2001)
Green Street/Senda Ladera/Washington Street (2000-2001)
Mid-Levels (2001)
Kennedy Town I (2001-2005)
Kennedy Town II (2005-2007)
Mid-Levels (2007-)
It's no fun, I must tell you... all the packing, unpacking, arranging furniture, taking measurements, throwing away stuff, dealing with the decisions to throw away stuff, apartment searching, costing.... etc. But they say... change is good for you, and according to astrologist, it is especially good for me this year, so I guess it is a good thing to be moving now. And how could it be wrong? Within walking distance to work, gym, friends, and CHEAPER rent? But I am giving up sunny and warm weather, open harbour views, bright roomy living area for all that. And that's not to mention me without a car! So it is quite a change for me, I guess?
It's been quite busy lately... with this move, work, Arts Festival, HKIFF, among many (good) things. I also noticed that I haven't seen my friends much... is it because we had too many gatherings for CNY, my Bday, friends' Bdays?

No comments: