Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Am I just not creative enough?

I've always had troubles buying presents. I always end up buying something.... usually rather practical. I think it has got to do with having received too many useless presents from before? But do you only get to buy a GREAT present for somebody when you know that person well? And I always think, what's a great gift anyway? Something useful? Something cute? Something thoughtful? But for people who's had everything they need, what more can you get them? Another iPod? cuff links/ear ring? tie/scarf? underwear/socks? cologne/perfume? wallet/hand bag? See these are not too creative either. I think what makes a great gift is something even the person receiving the gift didn't realize that he needs it. But then, a gift isn't necessarily a think that anybody needs. It could be something symbolic, something that acertains a moment, or a shared experience. I am supposed to get somebody a present, and I ended up getting a whole bunch of stuff that would be useful, but I don't think they're great gifts. Something is lacking in them. Not that I didn't put enough thought into it, in fact, I've scratched my head for 2 weeks now trying to find that ONE gift, that one special gift, but still, nothing comes to mind. There's no surpise element in them, and nothing too creative either. What am i gonna do?

No comments: