Friday, November 30, 2007

2:20am, what's on my mind?

Never thought I was the type that would stay at work until this late, but then, what can you do? When the company is understaffed and people are not delivering as you expected, it either means you have to shift one gear up, or you look for something else.

Well, I'm trying... (which one? haha)

It's actually not as bad as it sounds. 2:25am now, listening to David Tao on my computer... waiting for a draft from a colleague who's sitting 20 feet away... after that I'll need to compile it into the main text and send it out. Why do I bother to tell you all this anyway? I think because I am dead tired and I am not thinking straight....

Oh, it's now one of Jonathan Li Chong Shing's classic "Hard to Stand the Loneliness". Love this song. Not that because I'm lonely or anything... but it perfectly depicts the sentiments of people of our age... 寂寞难耐、时光不再、只有自己为自己悲哀、这一次我的心情不高不低不好不坏。

2:28am, when can I go home?

Was just googling earlier, and found that there's another blog by another C H Mak... he's blog is on Yahoo... seems like he's a father or something, because there's a picture of a dad holding a baby in his arms... Funny, I am coming up in Google searches nowadays... not that there are many instances, but still good to be seen "out there". *sigh* things we do when we are just... wasting time....

2:30am... Miriam is singing "Here Comes the Wolf". Missed her concert last month. Most people who'd seen it said her singing was quite good this time... well... IT'S ABOUT TIME. Like some of her songs... but it seems her songs are very forgettable. The song might be a hit for a year, but when you listen to it again next year you'll find it SO DATED. What could she do now? Stuck in that time in her career when she could either be put on the alter (Sun Toi), or she could open up a new blood path?

2:33am... A-Mei singing "May I Hold You, My Lover?" Yes, please.

2:34am... Was thinking about my travel plans again. It looks like my US plans might be changed. My travel companion is cancelling, but my ticket is non-refundable... so I might still go, but for a shorter period of time. Oh well, will see see. No rush anyway. I'm out of paid leave already, so cutting it short wouldn't mean much to work... I should probably just try to enjoy some time off work.

2:36am... I checked a few blogs everyday... Fun's, Wordy's, and Donald's Movie Blog. Fun's is always fun to read. Not only his writing is funny, people who leave messages on his blog are also funny too. Wordy's always very insightful, and I don't have any friends like him... or so it seems from reading his writing (I don't actually KNOW him). Love it when he writes about his adventures around town at all those yummy Japanese restaurants. Donald's a true movie buff and he's my source for notable upcoming movies... Now I don't have to buy Entertainment Weekly anymore for movie reviews. Donald's quite comprehensive and well-stocked.

2:39am... Now Fong Dai Tung is singing "Love Love Love". Went to a small concert he gave earlier this year at the Arts Centre. This kid is quite amazing, but not sure if he'd ever make it big in the local market. Hong Kong afterall is not a place for those with pure talents. But Khalil is a joy to watch in live performance. Very talented, very comfortable on stage.

2:41am... Sammi sings "Getting Off at the Wrong Stop". She's never been my favorite, but a couple of her songs make it into my "music library". I think it's the melody and lyrics that I love about this song. There is a tragic beauty about getting off at the wrong stop and maybe it's predestined?

Ok, I'll end right here now because if you're not asleep yet, I will be. ;)

1 comment:

Wordy said...

Well, I have finished the whole text, anyway. I am just another bored living dead in the polluted city :p

Share your views to MY and SC's music.

I hope you would get enough rest during the weekend.