Sunday, February 25, 2007

Friends, how many do we need?

Not many, but we certainly need to have a few.
We all operate differently. Some (like me) like to meet with friends regularly; frequent contacts are important, as I need to feel I am in personal "touch" with my friends. I need to see, talk, chat, and feel that my friends and I are still close to each other, be it physically, or emotionally. I need to know their physical well-being; losing that physical closeness would easily lead to distance and miscommunication, I've always felt. But of course that's not to say that I can ONLY maintain a relationship if the person is nearby. I have friends in the US, Malaysia, the Philippines; with all of whom I am still feel very close. But that's a different sort of friendship altogether, I guess. But should it be possible, I really would like to see my friends often. It almost makes me feel that my existence counts somewhat. But does that mean my existence could only defined by my friends? That I am not solid/tangible enough a being worthy of existing? No, it doesn't mean that.
I think it just it feels good when your friends think of you when they're in need... whether to help resolve problems or just hanging out, it's nice to be thought of, no?

No comments: